Shoulder Pain Treatment
Are you looking for shoulder physical therapy in Bergen County, NJ? Complete Care Physical Therapy specializes in shoulder physical therapy in Bergen County, NJ. Our physical therapy practice is owned and operated by dedicated Physical Therapists who have been practicing since 1996.
Every form of pain is intolerable and shoulder pains are no exception. Shoulder pain can be caused by several things e.g. a fall. While some can be treated easily with some simple home treatment (though not advisable) others require special care by professionals. If you are into sports or have a family member that is into sports like basketball, tennis, American football or any sport at all there is a very high chance of getting a shoulder injury. This doesn't mean you shouldn't play sports though.
The shoulder joint is very prone to injury because it is unstable, here are some of the causes of shoulder pain.
- Injuries: There are different kinds of injuries, the most common shoulder injuries are Dislocations, Separations and Fractures. A dislocation is very easy to spot with the arm popping out if its socket. On the other hand, separations occur when the acromioclavicular joint is out of place tearing the ligament that holds the arm together. Of all these types of injuries, a fracture is the most painful because the clavicle or humerus is cracked or broken, a fracture completely incapacitates the affected arm
- Cartilage tear: This usually occurs where there is a forceful impact on the shoulder and it injures the cartilages that go around the rim of the shoulder joint
- Osteoarthritis: It is a degenerative joint disease characterized by pain and stiffness
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is when the body’s immune system attacks the protective lining of the joints causing pain and stiffness
- Rotator cuff tear: In the shoulder, there is a group of tendons and muscles that connect to your arm, holding it in place. If this part is damaged by overuse or fall, it is called a rotator cuff tear
- Frozen Shoulder: if you are put in a position where your shoulder is not used for a long time, you might experience a freeze. It is when adhesions buildup in the joint keeping you from moving your hands freely
- Impingement: This kind of shoulder pain is characterized by severe pain and swelling. The simple explanation is that tendons of the rotator cuff have been pinched in by the shoulder bones
- Bursitis: This happens when the bursa is irritated by continuously moving the shoulder in the same motion. It is characterized by swelling and pain when moving the arm
Our shoulder treatment sessions involve using the latest treatment method to minimize pain and alleviate associated shoulder pain while restoring proper upper limb functions. When a patient complains of shoulder pain, we have our team run several tests on the patient to ascertain the cause of pain, the treatment timeline and method of treatment. We then offer quality, personal, and focused treatment to our patients.
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Fair Lawn, NJ
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Ridgewood, NJ
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Hackensack, NJ
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Paramus, NJ
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Glen Rock, NJ
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Elmwood Park, NJ
- Shoulder Physical Therapy in Saddle Brook, NJ
call Complete Care Physical Therapy at (201) 773-0404.